+385 95 5555 677 Nederlands
Forest garden weekend workshop
Permaculture & forest garden workshop
at Bogata Suma, Vojnic, Croatia
or call +385 (0)95 5555 677
Camping: Bring your tent & pay € 10,- per person per night.
* a donation can be money, 25kg potatoes, baby fruit trees from your terrain or something you think is worth trading.
About the workshop
In this permaculture & forest garden workshop we'll tell & show you all about our 2 year process of:
- finding the right area, criteria
- exploring the area, climate, winds, soil, vegetation
- measuring an area & making a map
- wishes (plants for food, drinks, herbs, dyes, soaps, basketry)
- designing the forest garden
- how to implement the design, propagating, planting, sowing
Bogata Suma's food forest
When we started living on our land in 2009, we noticed that there were many fruit and nut trees on the terrain. Of course we had an old plum orchard with neat rows, but we also found many walnut and cherry trees, hazelnut shrubs and elderberries around the house. And when we explored more, we discovered overgrown peach trees, a very old mulberry tree, smaller types of plums, apple trees hiding in blackberry shrubs and grape vines everywhere.
We only needed to tame this wilderness to be able to use it as a fruit & food source.
Pictures of our forest garden
The forest garden area and Peter taking out some trees.
Mark and Kenza marking sunny & shady spots in the forest garden area
Mark cleaning the forest garden area (left)
Measuring the Ph of the soil in the forest garden (right)
Kenza finalizing the forest garden design drawings
Our first forest garden design